Rules of the Competition
Rules of the competition
We want to make this weekend as enjoyable as possible for everyone who participates. That’s why it is important that we set some ground rules.
- Please respect each other. Treat people the way you want to be treated and don’t behave in offensive ways.
- Do not bring your own alcohol into the sports hall.
- We don’t feel like tidying up behind you. Please help us by picking up your own trash and throwing it into the bin. Let us know if the bins are full. (We have more important things to monitor so bins don’t have first priority)
- ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING INSIDE!
- Every team receives a ball which must be given back at the end of the tournament. You are responsible to hold onto your own ball. When we do not receive your ball back at the end of the tournament, you will have to pay €60 as a compensation for the costs of our ball.
- Each team must have at least 5 people in the field, including at least 3 ladies at all times.
- The rally point system will be used in all matches of the tournament. A serve that touches (the top of) the net is correct.
- The away team has the first service.
- Beginning and ending of the match is announced centrally.
- When you hear the sign to end the set, you can finish the rally you are playing at that moment. Afterwards, the match is finished.
- Each match starts with a 0-0 score and does not end at 25 points because the match will be played on time.
- If a team is more than 5 minutes late for a match, that team loses the match by 25-0.
- 1 time-out is allowed per match per team.
- With the exception of the rules above, standard FIVB rules apply.
- Decisions of the referees cannot be contested. The referee will not allow rude play.
- In case of doubt not captured by the rules above, the Committee makes a final decision.
- A toss will take place to determine which team starts serving.
- 2 time-outs are allowed per set per team.
- The finals consist of normal sets up to 25 points (with the Rally Point System and a 2-point difference) and best of three sets. In the third set, 15 points must be scored.